Aleksandr AravkinAssociate Professor, Department of Applied Mathematics, UW
Director, Math Sciences, Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation
Adjunct Professor, Health Metrics Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science & Engineering
Burden of Proof Studies
Nature Medicine has just published the Burden of Proof studies, focusing on our new methodology and analysis of dose-response relationships for different risk-outcome pairs in global health. The issue has perspective and opinion pieces, as well as five scientific papers:
- Methods capstone
- Analysis of vegetables consumption
- Analysis of unprocessed red meat consumption
- Analysis of systolic blood pressure vs heart disease
- Analysis of smoking
- The Math Sciences Team at IHME has been working on COVID-19 modeling. This work how now been published in Nature Medicine. Earlier modeling, developed at the start of the pandemic and based on the CurveFit tool, is available on Medrxiv. An article describing this work is available in the A&S Newsletter.
- Ph.D. in Mathematics (Optimization), University of Washington, 2010
- M.S. in Statistics, University of Washington, 2010
- B.Sc. in Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Washington, 2004
- Convex and Variational Analysis, Algorithm Design and Implementation
- Robust Statistics, Machine learning, Data Science, Inverse Problems, Uncertainty Quantification
- Health Metrics, Tracking and Navigation, Seismic Imaging, Computational Finance, Neuroscience, Computational Medicine
- West Coast Optimization Meeting September 28, 2019.
- West Coast Optimization Meeting May 4th, 2019.
- Northwest Data Science Summit will be held on May 7th and 8th, 2019.
- PIMS workshop on computational math in renewable energy at UBC, May 21-24th, 2019.
- Semicentennial conferece Applied Mathematics: The Next 50 Years June 15-19, 2019.