Aleksandr AravkinAssistant Professor, Department of Applied Mathematics, UW
Team Lead, Mathematical Sciences and Computational Methods Group at IHME
Washington Research Foundation (WRF) Data Science Professor
Adjunct Professor, Health Metrics Sciences, Mathematics, and Statistics
- Ph.D. in Mathematics (Optimization), University of Washington, 2010
- M.S. in Statistics, University of Washington, 2010
- B.Sc. in Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Washington, 2004
- Convex and Variational Analysis, Algorithm Design and Implementation
- Robust Statistics, Machine learning, Data Science, Inverse Problems, Uncertainty Quantification
- Health Metrics, Tracking and Navigation, Seismic Imaging, Computational Finance, Neuroscience, Computational Medicine
- We are hosting the West Coast Optimization Meeting on May 4th.
- The Northwest Data Science Summit will be held on May 7th and 8th.
- Check out the upcoming PIMS workshop on computational math in renewable energy at UBC, May 21-24th.
- We are holding a semicentennial conferece Applied Mathematics: The Next 50 Years June 15-19.